Liquid is a green commercial interior design studio based in Hong Kong. We are known for creating better lifestyles by bringing together green interior environments, people and innovative ideas. With increasing importance on having to take action our future, we are committed in improving quality of life while reducing our impact on the environment. Our commercial interior design services for retail, food and beverage and office space enable companies to strengthen their brands and increase productivity and lifestyles through sustainable design strategies.
Liquid is a transparent element in our work that is apparent in our fluid spaces, smooth work flow and solid branding. Commercial space is an extension of a company’s image and philosophy where story is told and human connections take place. We work with clients to develop names, identities, sustainable practice and brand platforms to create places where people can experience, buy and believe.
Liquid also strives to maximize energy efficiency and overall cost reductions through the integrative design approach. This approach allows owners, builders, operators, architects, planners, contractors and the design team to interactively develop innovative solutions for a common goal. This holistic design approach is the most efficient way to achieve sustainable results.
Buildings significantly influence our daily lives and are fundamental to our way of life. We spend on average 85% of our time indoors and the quality of our indoor environment effects our health productivity and influences the choices we make.
Presently, Hong Kong buildings account for sixty five percent (65%) of the Hong Kong's carbon footprint, and consume eighty nine percent (89%) of all the electricity generated - and that is not sustainable.
At Liquid Interiors our LEED professionals can are qualified to design and certify green and healthy environments.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU OR YOUR COMPANY???
Achieve energy savings of 20% to 40%
As we know, Hong Kong has no native energy sources and has to import coal, oil and gas which then triggers air pollution, acid rain, reduces visibility and produces greenhouse gases which directly contribute to global warming. There are a number of design strategies that can be done with little or no upfront costs that can help save energy.
- Maximize natural lighting and ventilation
- Lighting – Choose LED lighting and get paybacks in about 3 years
- Air Conditioning - Switch to water cooled air conditioning and see paybacks in 2-3 years.
- Install smart switches that turn off all unused appliances all at once.
- Select Energy Efficient Appliances – Energy Star or HKEEL
Boost productivity by up to 16% and Reduce absenteeism by up to 15%
Poor Indoor Environmental Quality may cause headache, itchy eyes, respiratory difficulties, skin irritation, nausea and fatigue or better known as the "sick building syndrome". Those with existing respiratory and heart disease are more susceptible to indoor air pollution. The key to environmental comfort in the workplace is to provide quality and control of air, daylight and thermal settings.
- Improving ventilation – increase outside the fresh air exchange rate by 30% above HK standards
- Managing Air Contaminants such as : tobacco smoke, Co2, Particulate matter and Biological containments
- Specifying Low VOC materials such as paint and sealants as well as furniture
- Providing Daylight and Views
- Allowing Occupants to control desired settings
- Open layout plans maximize natural lighting and also improve communication
- Indoor planting buffers noise, naturally cleans the air as well as reduces stress levels.
- Green building certifications are a tangible way for organizations to express their commitment to their community, economy, growth and well-being
- Include building certifications attract and retain talented staff and investors